About Astera Software
Based in Westlake Village, California, Astera Software is a profitable, fast-growing company specializing in data management space. Our mission is to empower end users with approachable, no-code data management solutions. Astera’s product line spans a range of data management solutions including no-code data warehousing, data integration, ETL/ELT, and analytics. Our customers include the biggest Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and government agencies around the world.
Although the company is based in California, the position can be remote.
What You’ll Do
- Expands sales within existing and/or new accounts while building relationships with key decision makers.
- Develops and executes a strategic and comprehensive business plan for each account, including identifying core customer requirements and mapping the benefits of Astera’s solutions to customer business requirements.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.).
- Accountable for accurate forecasting, regular quarterly revenue delivery, and the implementation of agreed account and business plans.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop an effective plan for the accounts, to include events, seminars, and roadmap sessions.
- Promotes Astera’s products, maximizes brand recognition and mindshare at all levels, and publicizes success stories.
- Provides customer feedback to internal stakeholders for product, systems, and process improvements.
- At this level, incumbents will have expert-level knowledge of selling the company’s products and services.
- Assigned accounts are larger and of the most complex nature, where assigned quota is typically higher than lesser-scoped portfolio sales role levels. (Size of quota may be relative to complexity and nature of account set.)
- Incumbents routinely sell-to and interact with executive-level customer decision makers, to include up to CXO levels.
What You’ll Need
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Complete, “big-picture” understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
- Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
- Fully functional knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
- Healthcare: Medical and dental benefits
- Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days