About Astera Software
Based in Westlake Village, California, Astera Software is a profitable, fast-growing company specializing in the data management space. Our mission is to empower end-users with approachable, no-code data management solutions. Astera’s product line spans a range of data management solutions including no-code data warehousing, data integration, ETL/ELT, and analytics. Our customers include the biggest Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and government agencies around the world.
Although the company is based in California, the position can be remote.
What You’ll Do
Astera Account Executives engage with prospective customers to introduce, engage, and sell Astera’s suite of data management solutions. The Account Executive will build trusted relationships to understand and solve business challenges by leveraging the Astera platform and expertise. The Account Executive will leverage their skills to develop opportunities from outbound outreach, account planning, and warm prospecting activities.
The ideal candidate is self-directed in their day-to-day activities to achieve their sales revenue results. They also understand the value of cross-collaboration across the sales team, including fellow Account Executives, pre-sales, SDRs, marketing, and customer success, to both share key learnings and build their knowledge base.
- Develop and execute a territory plan to achieve established net new logo additions and overall revenue goals.
- Maintain active account plans for top prospect accounts in the territory.
- Establish a multi-channel prospecting strategy for building an active opportunity pipeline for the territory.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales development, and sales leadership on activities to support pipeline growth and opportunity advancement.
- Build multiple relationships within accounts assigned to the territory, including analysts, line of business, director, and executive level, and within various levels of IT.
- Drive opportunities through the entire sales process – from discovery to closure.
- Accountable for tracking daily and weekly activity and accurately forecasting monthly/quarterly revenue within our CRM – Dynamics 365.
- Continuously collaborate and maintain relationships with channel partners.
- Lead, align, and collaborate with the sales ecosystem (Field Sales, Pre-Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, and Renewals) to implement go-to-market, territory, and account strategies to generate net new business.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of enterprise software sales experience, landing new logo business.
- Passion for customer engagement, building partnerships to uncover and solve their business challenges.
- Background in building demand generation motions, discovering leads, and converting opportunities across a targeted territory.
- Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with driving use case discoveries to uncover and maximize intrinsic business value for your prospects and customers.
- Demonstrated understanding of driving a complex and competitive sales process and mapping to the customer’s decision-making and buying process.
- Functional knowledge of the hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Lake, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Database, Business Intelligence, and/or overall Enterprise Data Platforms.
- Familiarity with Dynamics CRM, MS Office, and LinkedIn Navigator.
- Understanding and use of formal sales methodologies, including Meddic, Value Selling, etc.
- Team selling experience, including actively partnering with pre-sales technical specialists, subject matter experts, industry evangelists, and post-sales customer success business partners.
- Healthcare: Medical and dental benefits
- Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days